Thursday 14 June 2012

It's over and I really mean it this time


It's the right thing to do, I mean, isn't it? There's nothing else I can realistically make from the stuff to the left of the pic, is there?


Just don't ask how long it has taken me to come to this decision or how much I have draaaaagged out this final item, made from a charity shop pair of jeans nearly two months ago.


I tried to be experimental with the stitching, some was ok, some not as you can see from these pics.




With this one, I started without any idea of what I would end up with and now I'm triumphantly describing it to my family as my patchwork placemat for all those solitary, week-day lunches.






In case you were wondering, I found that solitary scrap to the top left, as I was finishing of and couldn't resist sewing it in, like a lonely tear.


Tbh, I vere wildly between thinking 'it's quite rubbish' to 'shows some promise'.






You may call it cheating but I dreamt up this jeans challenge so I think I'm allowed to introduce the shiny, lumpy bright green fabric which I think were part of a set of vintage curtains I have been hoarding for years.






Yes moving on is hard but always easier when you have started itching to revisit a few ideas from the past as well as embark on a variation on a theme.


After trying to steal the sleepy sheep pillow, Becky has asked for a pig pillow, I have just found the perfect fabric for a herbal bath idea and realised that the next challenge is to use up as much as I can from an upcycled sundress.


To as they say, 'take your mind off it, love'.

No comments:

Post a Comment