Thursday 26 April 2012

A jeanius challenge

I do believe I have succeeded in weaning myself away from the embroidered moths by finding a way to use denim for my next project.
  I loathe waste, I adore upcycling and I relish a challenge. I also seem to return again and again to denim as a sturdy, forgiving, adaptable and plentiful textile.
  Had a quick check in my wardrobe and I'm not one of those mamas with acres of denim to spare so I cheated slightly and bought the biggest pair of jeans I could find in my local Cancer Research charity shop. 


  Without having any precise idea of what exactly I'm going to do with them, I nonetheless decided to look out for a  few features:



  • A lived-in look 
  • Decent condition - no holes or fraying
  • As big as poss - I was lucky enough to find a great pair of size 18s
  • Zip and fasteners in good condition just in case I need to use them later
  • Interesting, though not OTT stitch details on pockets, etc
I'm going to start off with a lovely roomy bag from the hips to crotch area - watch this space..... Now where are my strongest scissors?




No comments:

Post a Comment