Wednesday 6 June 2012

Saying it with flowers


Stringy, tight, thrifty, call it what you will but I was determined to use the scraps left over from my project to make stuff from a pair of charity shop jeans. The pile of denim oddments may have looked unpromising and, given the time this has taken me, was  labour intensive, to say the least.


Quite early on, it became obvious that the flower shapes and sizes would have to be different and that developed into the main joy of this project, picking up a scrap and working out how to work it!


It was fun to plunder my stitch bank and quite a challenge to bring in enough variation to keep it interesting, as opposed to messy.



So here they are from a variety of angles on my kitchen worktop...

.....with close ups of some of my favourites...


.....this (below) has to be a contender ...
Not a bad transformation for a pile of scraps! Trouble is, there are some leftovers and guess what, they are not in the bin yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment