Friday 20 July 2012

Seriously addictive



My Summer sew project is turning out to be such fun and all in a good cause. Seven dresses have now been despatched to Louise from Dress A Girl Around the World. I keep thinking I'm nearing the end of my stash of appropriate fabric but then I see some in a charity shop which would work...I have even cut up a few of the clothes in my wardrobe. Well, it's all in a good cause!




I have never claimed to be a dressmaker but perfecting my skills can't be doing any harm and I'm just loving working on the extras - the little rag doll, bag/pocket and hairband that I'm making out of the fabric scraps.


Most of the dresses are upcycled, which can be a challenge, and definitely tales longer than the dresses I make from scratch.






My goal is 10 dresses (for now) and then I must revert to all the other ideas stacking up! All you sewers out there - give it a go - just one dress will make a difference to a little girl, living in poverty somewhere. What a feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment