Wednesday 2 May 2012

The return of the bag lady

I can't begin to tell you the fun I have making this bag out of the bottom-covering part of an old pair of jeans! I'm way past the stage of cutting up jeans to make a nifty pair of shorts but none of us can have too many bags for stuff, can we? Especially when they cost next to nothing and making them up provides hours of fun.
  It always feels like when I'm after a certain something it pops up the second it's needed. In this case I was after some fabric which would somehow 'match' the style of the jeans,  to thread through the waistband to close the bag. Believe it or not I did walk away from this blue, black and white scarf initially when I spotted it in a local charity shop last week but something about it reminded me of France... I parted with my £2 and discovered that the label is Les Olivades - O la-la!
  The bag structure was complete in less than a day but of course I have spent more time that necessary embroidering denim flowers to embellish the bag.....
A few buttons to stitch onto the bag and it's all finished and will be put to good use sometime very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment