Friday 16 March 2012

Another secret of great cwsg

If last -week's discovery was free stitching, this week's lesson has been in Mola applique work, inspired by a fab article in the latest issue of Making magazine.
  I had this super-groovy curtain fabric I thought would work for a sleep pillow and suddenly it all made sense. You have to like frayed edges and the shabby, lived-in  style, which (who guessed?) is so up my street ... and away you go!
  It felt like the front panel was going to need further embellishment so I sorted out a selection of complimentary and clashing thread and set to work. Not yet finished but d'you kinda get the gist of where this is taking me?
  Relaxing is not the word for what it has felt like to take my needle for a walk and have some fun with all this. I feel soooo guilty when the rest of the family come in from their somewhat more stressy days at school and work this week and of course, I have been sleeping like a baby, tucked up with my sleep pillow, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment