Monday 19 March 2012

Sleep gets sew psychedelic

When I first found this remnant in the scraps basket of my local Sue Ryder charity shop I completely fell in love with it. You know that stomach churning moment when you spot a creation of delight which is evidently real textile trash to others? Hmm I was smitten and besides, I seem to have a very slight penchant for green which carries through to gardening, lifestyle as well as its many lovely hues, btw. This sleep pillow was such fun to work on - the trouble was knowing when to stop with the stitching and how far to push it with the contrasting colours.
  Not sure if this is what other crafters do but I always put my finished samples through the washing machine to freshen it up and check for sturdiness and I really loved the way the Mola work frayed a bit more.
  For the 2p I paid for the remnant (ok, I exaggerate but you get the gist!) I'm so thrilled with how much fabric is left for more of these ...  or maybe a few accessories for my workspace. 

    My plan today and for the rest of the week was to crack on with more designs, to work on some new herby ideas and to be a bit nerdy and do a spot of scholarly research.
   But when the fabric caught my eye just now strewn across my crazy upcycled chair (abandoned in the shed of our last house but one) I couldn't help feeling that I may just have to 'steal' some of it from future sleep pillows and make a cushion cover or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment