Friday 30 March 2012

Easter approaches



Now I'm no knitter but sometimes your fingers just itch for a sess, don't they (?) and besides, there's something about Easter with all its eggs, rabbits an chicks which makes me just desperate to make something themed. Thanks to Ravelry there's no shortage of any sort of inspiration. I think I made the wee chicks last year. Intended as egg cosies, I ran out of steam after 2 and as we are a family of 6 I pretended they were decorations and filled them with cotton wool balls.
  This year I couldn't resist knitting their Mama and found an amazingly easy and satisfying pattern by Sue Stratford at The Knitting Hut which uses up any old bits of wool from the stash. I think the different weights just add to the charm of this project. Great respect to all the knitting designers are there - I take my Easter bonnet off to you!
   As you can see my little hen turned out to be a rather kooky character who really makes me smile. She looks quite startled at the sight of her chicks - just wait till the other eggs hatch!
  By the way this is my first photograph taken in the little light box I have just acquired. I'm no techy either but soooooo impressed with the difference it makes on my first try out.
  This little family will adorn our table for the next week or so while I return to the sewing projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment