Monday 21 May 2012

Do you need a sleep angel?

 




Yawn, mutter, mutter.


It could be because my sleep has been pretty poor again recently that I find myself drawn to gorgeous, sleep-inducing chamomile and lavender. Not in a sleep pillow this time but in a denim doll which I made from an old pair of jeans.


As I was making the snuffly bunny I though to myself, 'Hang on a minute, the world is your oyster here. There are so many gentle, beneficial herbs which could be stuffed into objects!' A sleep angel could be attached to the side of a cot, Moses basket or pram, not as a toy, but as an eye-catching object which at the same time would help a baby nod off to sleep.


As usual I found myself getting carried away with the stitching. Here's the collar and face detail:


And here's the pattern on the dress:




I made the hair using a lovely technique I have adapted many times before which I first read about in my treasured book, Homemade: Gorgeous things to make with love by Ros Badger and Elspeth Thompson.


I'm glad that her limbs are flexible enough to arranger her into various sleeping poses
Here's the sleep angel having her afternoon nap...



                           

... and with all these soporific herbs wafting about, plus a few sleepless nights, I may just join her....

No comments:

Post a Comment