Thursday 3 May 2012

A herby heart

Had such fun making this yesterday afternoon. Sure, I could have left it plain but when I start to sew sometimes I find it hard to stop. 
  This herby heart is the second project made from one pair of jeans. There's something about a heart shape which (I'll admit right now) I'm a complete sucker for, but I was nevertheless determined to stay away soppy stitched messages or schmalzy pink, ribbons or lace so I stayed well away from pastels when it came to the embroidery thread.
   I then stuffed with lavender and decided to hand stitch around the outside a few times. A couple of hours later and it's all ready to pop into the knicker drawer!
  Not sure if it was the lovely lavender pong or the meditative stitching but I had such a great sleep last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment